Why do this workshop?
Built in collaboration with Dave Westgarth & Kylie Kirk
As mentioned in my previous posts, I like to use a template from "Agile Retrospectives - Making Good Teams Great" to help guide my retrospectives, and this one is no different. The steps are:
- Set The Scene
- Gather Data
- Generate Insights
- Decide What To Do
- Close Retrospective
These are all factored into the Miro Board.
How to run this workshop?
1. Monster Jam - Create a Monster using the in-built illustrations. Alternatively, upload your own components and make use of the Miro IconFinder.
2. Health Check-In - 💡 Scale 1-10 take a variety of Halloween treats and plot them along the scale with the team? Then team rates on scale how they think previous sprint went?
3. Coaching Cards (Optional) - what picture & characters resonates with how you feel today? e.g. Sleepy Hollow = feeling headless or Cheshire Cat "smiling like...) etc.
4. Nightmare Before Christmas Retro Prompts:
- What didn't go according to plan
- Where can we be more self-managing or efficient?
- Anything causing you unnecessary stress?
- How can we reduce technical debt, deliver more value?
- Potential experiments?
- Kudos Wall!
5. Dot Voting - 5 votes per participant, you can distribute them as you wish
6. Return of time invested or Fist of five - 5: awesome to 0: boo!