Sometimes we do not need to speak one language to get to know and understand each other.
When to use Emily in Paris Icebreaker?
This icebreaker is perfect to use for
- remote participants with linguistic and cultural differences
- participants from different teams and functions
- find teammates common motivations & work aspects
- know better each other and discover a common ground
- onboard new team members
How does Emily in Paris Icebreaker work?
- Begin your session by announcing that an alien called Emily has just arrived (to your company) from another galaxy. Unfortunately, she does not speak any of the earthly languages.
- Ask to choose five pictures or images to describe their company or themselves best.
- What do the participants have in common? What would be the best way to celebrate and use it in their work?