Why do this workshop?
Whether this is your busiest time of year, or a reflective period, this a seasonal retrospective template helps you wrap up the year. The template comes with a team mood icebreaker, a sprint retrospective, and 'year recap' closing activity.
How to run this workshop?
Icebreaker - Christmas Characters - 5 minutes
From the festive characters - pick your mood or how you've felt this week. Are you a sleepy Santa, a sassy Scrooge, or a busy elf?!
Sprint Retrospective - 30 mins
It was the night before Christmas and Santa has just delivered the presents.
You have three categories to this sprint retrospective:
1. What presents did you receive this sprint (good and unexpected)
2. Who were the elves helping us?
3. What did the Grinch do to try to ruin our Christmas? How will he try next sprint, and how can we stop him?
End of year recap - A Christmas Carol - 15 mins
- Ghost of Christmas Past - Write one regret from the past year, and choose whether to share it or not. Once everyone has written their regret and chosen to share it (or not), then proverbially 'rip it up' by drawing all over it with the marker pen or reaction tool.
- Ghost of Christmas Present - Write down some things you appreciate about your team, job, processes, tools, or organization, and share them with everyone.
- Ghost of Christmas Future - Write out at least one goal you have for the next year that you are comfortable sharing with the team.
Tip - for this template it is essential to have the Metro Retro Christmas decorations switched on, though you can turn them off by enabling the 'Scrooge Mode' setting.