Why do this workshop?
The Speedcar and Abyss is a futurespective template, designed to help a team look ahead at what's coming up and plan accordingly.
It has two backward-looking sections, the engine and the parachute, and two forward-looking sections, the abyss and the bridge.
How to run this workshop?
- Similarly to a retrospective, introduce the workshop, ground rules and why you're using the template - 5 mins
- Ask the team to write points for the retrospective sections - the engine (what's making us go fast) and parachute (what's slowing us down) - 10 mins
- You can either discuss these points immediately and group into themes, or the team can write their points for the abyss and bridge sections - 10-20 mins
- From the points and themes raised, hold a voting round on which are most important - 5 mins
- Then brainstorm actions for the most important points - 10 mins
- Hold a last voting round to choose the top actions as a team
- Assign the actions an owner and a date!