Personas aggregate insights about real customers into an archetypical representation of a customer. In this session, we use research insights and your experience working with customers to create personas. We focus less on things like demographics, and more on things like goals and pain points.
Use this workshop to:
- Highlight gaps or assumptions in our understanding of customers.
- Guide product design decisions.
- Build empathy for your customers.
- Evaluate product ideas.
- Inform recruiting for user research.
How to facilitate:
- Bring any existing user research notes or insights.
- Create a rough list of personas or segments.
- Draw on research insights and personal experience to document each persona’s goals, pain points, skills, and environment.
- Present your personas one by one. Rate them on different personality trait scales. Group or
combine similar personas.