Why do this workshop?
Open the Box is a retrospective exercise that gets a team to look at the processes they follow, the things they do and make, to decide what they should start add, drop or keep doing.
How to run this workshop?
- Introduce the workshop, the template and retrospective ground rules - 5 mins
- Ask the team to write sticky notes for each of the three sections - 15 mins:
- What should we add to the box?
- What should we remove from the box?
- What should we put back in?
- Group similar sticky notes into themes - 5 mins
- Vote on the top themes to address - 5 mins
- Brainstorm actions for the top themes - 10 mins
- Vote once more on the top actions - 5 mins
- Assign owners and dates to the actions
- Celebrate with the confetti cannon!